- 100 grams butter cubed
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- For the crust, place the butter, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and half the salt in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times until the mixture is crumbly and well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together corn syrup, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, eggs and pecans, with remaining sea salt.
- Line the slow cooker with baking paper (just so the pie will remove easily).
- Press the crumbly dough into the bottom of the slow cooker and slightly up the sides.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the crust.
- Lay a tea towel between the slow cooker and the lid to absorb condensation.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Cool completely before slicing to serve.