- 350 grams penne pasta
- 350 grams boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 200G jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan freshly grated
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick frying pan, sauté the chicken until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Add the pasta back to the frying pan, stir and season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.