- 350 grams penne pasta
- 350 grams boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 200G jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan freshly grated
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick frying pan, sauté the chicken until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes and their oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and basil in a food processor and blend until the tomatoes are finely chopped. Transfer the tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the Parmesan.
- Add the pasta to the pesto and toss to coat, adding enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta, to taste, with salt and pepper and serve.