- 1 rectangle sponge approx. 15 x 30cm
- 1 cup boiling water
- 85 gram packet raspberry jelly
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- Cut the sponge into small squares and place on a tray. To harden slightly, pop in the freezer while you prepare the jelly.
- Add the water to the jelly and stir to dissolve the crystals, leave to cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes (if like me you forget about it, and it sets, soften by placing the bottom of the jelly dish in warm water).
- Place the coconut onto a flat plate then remove the jelly and cake from the fridge and freezer.
- Take each square of cake and dip into the jelly until all sides are coated. Then place on the plate full of coconut and gently press to cover each side.
- Place back onto the tray and refrigerate until jelly is firm 2 to 3 hours.