- 500 grams lean lamb mince
- 2/3 cup bottled tikka masala simmer sauce
- 12 sheets frozen filo dough, thawed
- 100 grams butter, melted
- In a nonstick skillet, brown the minced lamb.
- Add the tikka masala sauce. Stir, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat the over to 195C. Line a baking tray wiht baking paper.
- Remove 3 sheets of filo (covering the rest with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying out)
- Brush the first sheet of filo wiht melted butter. Top with a second sheet and brush with butter; repeat with the third sheet.
- Cut the pastry lengthwise into 4 strips, then in half so each strip is about 18cm long.
- Place two teaspoons of the lamb mixture onto the bottom edge of each strip.
- Beginning at the bottom, filling-coated edge, fold into a triangle and keep folding (like folding a flag), maintaining the trianglular shape.
- Place on the baking tray. Make more samosas with the remaining filo and filling.
- Finally, baste with butter and bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately