- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Line a 4 litre slow cooker with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of brown sugar, the flour and 3 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Add the milk, butter and vanilla and stir until just combined.
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder with the boiling water.
- Pour evenly over the batter.
- Lay a tea towel between the slow cooker and the lid to absorb condensation.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until a skewer inserted removes clean.