- 1 kg mixed dried fruit
- 3 cups (750ml) cold tea of choice
- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) pecan nuts
- In a large mixing bowl, place the fruit.
- Pour over the tea, cover with cling wrap and soak overnight.
- Preheat oven to 125C. Line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the flour, and stir to combine; this is a thick mixture so you may need a little elbow grease.
- Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Decorate with pecans, starting from the outside in; laying them in a circular pattern.
- Bake for 2½ hours. Remove and leave to cool completely.
- Refrigerated, this will keep in an air-tight container for weeks.