- 1/2 cup (115g) butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- Preheat oven 180C.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the syrup and stir until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour until the texture is such that you are able to roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, 2cm apart, and press each gently with a fork.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden. Cool completely before eating.