- 225g can beetrot + 2 tablespoons of juice
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 340g packet vanilla cake mix
- 180 grams cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup pure icing sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoons vanilla extra
- 150 grams white chocolate melted and cooled
- Preheat the oven 180˚C. Line a 12-hole cupcake tray with paper cases
- Place the beetroot into the bowl of a food processor, add the juice and applesauce, process until completely smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add the cake mix. Stir well to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Using an electric mixer cream the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
- Fold in the melted chocolate.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm slightly.
- This delectable icing can be piped or spread over 12 cupcakes.